Sunday, October 16, 2011

Angry

I am not going to ask pardon, but I am forwarning you, my readers, that this is (obviously) not going to be a happy post.  Nor is it going to be an entirely clean one.  I'm angry, and for once, I'm going to show it.  I may feel terrible about it later, but that's then.  This is now.  And I have to get this out sometime.

My wedding.  My babies.  Both gone.  Both so unrecoverable.  One never to be redone.  Two not to be seen on this earth.  Why?  Isn't my life crappy enough?  Haven't I had to put up with enough?  Have I really been the rebellious creature my father accused me of being?  Did I really need that punishment?

My wedding was horrible.  The lack of music so carefully and meaningfully planned out.  The maids of honor fighting because my original singular MOH couldn't accept the fact that she hadn't done her job as MOH, and my second one did.  That's why I had a second one.  Half of my invitations, the ones that I designed along with the programs, never got sent out.  My father was late as always.  No, I didn't figure we'd start on time.  It's me.  I'm never on time, and especially not when I'm trying really hard to be.  But I didn't think it would be over 2 hours late!  But no.  He had to perfect my programs and my vows and make them better.  Of course the programs weren't good enough.  Nothing I've ever done was good enough.  And I almost had people leaving my wedding because of that.  They had other places to go and things to do.  And of course the first MOH talking down to my dad made things worse.  To top those things and everything else that went wrong that morning, the place hosting us (because no church would take us because we hadn't had premarital counseling) put the food that was supposed to be in the preparing room up in the wedding room.  I gave specific instructions.  How deaf can they be?  And just as a bit of icing on the cake, no one would let me do anything but sit in my chair, having my picture taken, eating, and getting my hair and makeup done.  Good thing my hair decided to be a little more wavy than it had been because no one found the curling iron that was in my bag until after the wedding.  Great!  My wonderful wedding day left me wondering what I had done to screw the heck out of everything.  Why the heck did my wedding day, my special day, something I'd planned carefully and thoroughly, gone so horribly wrong?

Another question: why have I had two miscarriages?  Damn it.  Why!  Am I going to be that horrible of a mother?  Do I not have that kind of love ability in me?  Would I do to them what my dad did to me?  I've lost two children of my own flesh and blood.  Most of the time I'm ok.  Sometimes I'm unsteady, wobbling between ok and not ok.  Other times I just want to lose it because it hurts so bad, so deeply.  My children!  I miss my babies.  My first would have been about two months old now.  My second would have been a Valentine's Day baby.  Why can't I have my children?  So many of my friends are getting married and having kids.  But I've been married for over a year, and all I have to show is the pain I feel and the tissues in the trash from all my tears.  I try not to say much about them unless it's part of an informative conversation simply because I don't want people to feel bad for me.  I don't want their pity.  But those of us who say little hurt as much as those who say more and vise versa.  Shame on those who say otherwise.  They do not know of that which they speak.  I miss my babies.  I love you both, my little ones.  And I have only a cat with her babies to comfort me.  I nearly crumpled in the store when my husband called to tell me not to worry about getting the kitten milk I was dashing for.  One of my kitten babies was gone.  I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to stop crying or anything else I did before I got home.  I was so numb when I finally stopped crying.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to hoping I can actually comment.

    I'm so, so sorry about your wedding. From what I know of you, you are not by nature a rebellious person...but it sounds like the environment in which you grew up was an environment you needed to rebel against in order to grow as a person and a believer. I know with my husband, his upbringing did not prepare him to make decisions as an adult - and when he tried to make decisions they would accuse him of being rebellious and not truly saved. It's a toxic environment - and I'm glad you're no longer engulfed in it, even though your wedding was marred by it.

    I just...I can't even imagine the pain you're going through with your children. I know the terror in my own heart at the mere thought of trying to conceive - I'm on birth control right now because of my PCOS, and have to stay on it until we're ready to try to start a family. (When I'm not on it, I bleed incessantly for weeks and sometimes months on end.) But my chances of miscarrying are very high as a result of my disease...and it just paralyzes me with fear. I hope you don't take my sorrow for you as pity...it's not meant as such, but is born from a desire to offer comfort of any kind. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could meet and hug it out and cry together.

    You have such a beautiful heart. Sensitive and discerning. I think you will be a wonderful mother. And please don't think that God is punishing you, or that there is something wrong with your character or heart that "caused" you to miscarry. To be utterly frank, shit happens - and that's what it is. It's just...shit. It hurts. It sucks. It's awful, and our hearts cannot process the pain. But...God is not vindictive. He does not inflict pain as some believe He does. He is not distant, merely watching us but unavailable to comfort, to grieve, to love. He is touched with our infirmities and pains and weaknesses and fears. I don't know why things happen...just that they do.

    I'm praying for you daily. Don't hesitate to reach out when things are too much, when you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen and love without judgment. I can message you my phone number, or if you have Skype I can give you my screen name.

    Hang in there...I know it's hard, and I know I don't understand everything you're going through. Just know that you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete