Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Can You Believe It? I'm NOT Alone!

Oh my goodness!  I'm shocked!  I thought I was the only one who had to deal with that.  That desire to be great and marvelous all around and totally falling short on all but a few things.

When I'm doing better, I know I'm fantastic at English, great at Math that isn't geometry, horrible at writing an English essay/research paper because it's a totally different format than I write, good at singing (if I'm warmed up well), very organized when certain people aren't breathing down my neck about it because I don't organize the same way, good at household things like cleaning and ironing and folding clothes, not really great at cooking (mainly because when I was younger I had to cook, and it was always something boring and uninteresting), but I can make something taste good.  I can make jewelry and have lots of fun at it because it takes skill and precision.  I can also write well when I put my mind to it.  I've actually been told I'm a very emotional writer. (More on that later because the story of why I quit makes me mad still.) I'm not sure what else I'm good at.  Well... spelling mostly.  I don't know.

Maybe I'll do what a friend is doing and post on the positive things about me.  It might help.  And it'll keep readers from thinking I'm totally negative because I'm really not.  I've just been through a lot and am having a really hard time sorting through everything and moving on.

~ Rose Stitch
Originally Posted 1646 Fri, Sep 16, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment