Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Who Are You When I'm Not Looking?"

I was just thinking about the whole "you are what you are when no one else is around to watch you" thing.  And I suddenly realized that for me it isn't true.  I very much dislike being alone, so I go into my shell and hide.  Sometimes very literally.

That got me thinking about something else.  I've been told that line so many times in my life that I think that started to affect some of how I perceived myself.  If what I was told is true, then in my mind, I'm a lazy, selfish, coward.

However.  In my defense of myself, I am not lazy, even though BJ decided to make that one of my "charges" that got me kicked out.  I am simply afraid of screwing something up and feeling like a heathen for it. ("Heathen" for me being a deep-down feeling that I have royally messed something up.) Also, yes, I can be selfish, and there have been times I've waited to be left alone just so I can do something totally selfish.  But when I'm alone, I miss my people, in particular, my husband.  I don't want to do anything without him, to the point of not eating or functioning.  As to being a coward, I don't think a coward could have taken some of the things I've had to take.  I don't think a coward could have someone who strongly dislikes him say he's not good enough, and he turns around and gives a broad smile with no anger or bitterness in it.  Now the problem is actually getting that through my very thick, tough skull.

~ Rose Stitch
0519 Wed, Sep 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment